Why Should I Create Learning Goals?
Learning goal sheets help students establish concrete, doable ways to measure learning. Learning goal sheets can:
- Direct senior students to think about strengths and weaknesses
- Help senior students take responsibility towards learning
- Encourage children by setting smaller goals, instead of being overwhelmed by the "big picture"
- Personalize education, helping each child have their own unique goal, tailored for their own needs
- Develop a sense of pride and achievement when their goals are met
Suggestions for Use:
- Use with struggling children to help them become successful
- Use with special needs children to meet their learning goals developed in their IEP
- Use with children who need a behavior plan
- Use daily, weekly, yearly, or as needed to customize each child's goal